The Bronx Early Hiring Program
Introducing the Bronx Early Hiring Program
The Bronx is a great place to teach, and the Bronx Early Hiring program gives you an opportunity to bring your talents and passion to our students in Bronx schools this September.
Bronx Early Hiring provides you with opportunities to network with schools, connect with communities, and utilize exclusive job search supports.
- Beginning in March, participants can visit schools and connect with principals at exclusive Bronx Early Hiring events, and
- Candidates in the Bronx Early Hiring program can accept job offers from Bronx principals for the 2019-20 school year as early as March 1— four months earlier than most teacher hiring in New York City.
Over 30% of new teachers in NYC public schools are hired in Bronx schools. In 2019, we anticipate that over 75% of Bronx schools will hire at least one teacher through the Bronx Early Hiring program. As a participant in the program, you’ll have the opportunity to realize your professional goals, join a strong community of dedicated educators, and impact the future of the Bronx.
Build Your Career
Finding the right school to grow your career can take time. As a Bronx Early Hiring program candidate you will have an additional four months to connect with Bronx principals, experience school communities, and secure a position for the start of the school year in September 2019—all before the peak hiring season begins.
As a participant in Bronx Early Hiring, and as a teacher in the Bronx, you will have the opportunity to:
- Attend Bronx hiring events and school tours,
- Find the school that is the right fit for you, and engage with the community prior to teaching in the classroom,
- Secure a teaching position for the 2019-20 school year as early as March 1,
- Join a strong community of passionate and collaborative educators, and
- Build your career through growth opportunities unique to the Bronx,
How Can You Participate in Bronx Early Hiring?
While the official deadline has passed, you can still join the Bronx Early Hiring program by taking the following steps:
- Indicate your interest in the program on page 3 of your Traditionally Certified Online Teacher Application.
- Send our office an FYI email to email@example.com that you've indicated your interest on your application.
- Next the DOE will do an initial review of your application. Following that review, eligible applicants will be contacted to affirm their interest in the program.
- Following your interest confirmation, you will receive a calendar of events and will receive ongoing supports to connect with Bronx school leaders.
- Eligible applicants will receive notice regarding the status of their candidacy for the program on a rolling basis through March 2019.
If you have questions, join us during our next virtual office hours for a chat. (See link in side bar.)