Job Requirements + Applications
History and Expansion
Aspiring 3-K for All and Pre-K for All teachers must apply through one of the New York City Department of Education teacher application systems. Please select the application that best matches your background and qualifications.
I am a NY State-certified teacher (or will be certified by September 1, 2019)
If you currently hold, or are on track to possessing, a New York State teacher certification, you should apply through the Traditionally-Certified Teacher Application for Pre-K for All and 3-K for All opportunities now.
I am certified to teach in another state
- You should refer to the New York State Department of Education’s webpage for out-of-state applicants (reciprocity) to determine your next steps in becoming certified to teach in New York State.
- Follow the steps to apply for certification through the New York State Education Department; and learn more about applying to teach in a NYC public school as a certified teacher candidate.
- All applicants should indicate their interest in 3-K for All and Pre-K for All in Step 3 of the application and remain open to teaching at a NYC Early Education Center (NYCEEC).
- See a list of Acceptable Certificates from States other than New York.
I am not-yet-certified (Study Plan Lead Teacher)
The application for not-yet-certified teachers is currently closed. If you are interested in mid-year teaching opportunities in our community-based early childhood programs, known as NYC Early Education Centers (NYCEECs), please complete the Express Interest form.
I am a NY State-certified Assistant Teacher (Level I or higher)
- The application for not-yet-certified teachers is currently closed. If you are interested in mid-year teaching opportunities in our community-based early childhood programs, known as NYC Early Education Centers, please complete the Express Interest form.
- For information on how to apply to Assistant Teacher positions in District schools, please visit our Paraprofessionals career page.
I am certified or obtained my degree in another country
- Please go to the New York State Higher Education website to learn more about documents and eligibility requirements to teach in NY State with a non-US degree.
- You may also have to go through the process to have your international credits evaluated by the World Education Services.
- You may be eligible to be a Study Plan Lead Teacher in a NYC Early Education Center (NYCEEC).
I am a current DOE teacher but want to apply to teach 3-K or Pre-K
- Open Market Transfer System
- If you are interested in applying for pre-K positions in NYC District Schools or Pre-K Centers, you may log in to the Open Market Transfer system and search for open positions at the 3-K and pre-K level.
- If you are interested in applying for pre-K positions at a NYCEEC, please contact our office directly to discuss your next steps and to learn of opportunities available near you. You may reach us at email@example.com.